Thursday, May 20, 2010

Being father

When I speak to my daughters, when I deal with them for their demands (to say "No"), I try to remember the similar situation between me and father and mostly give up to their demands :-). Now days it has become my habit to observe the way my daughters speak to me, behave with me, want my time for them (which is very essential) and then their is obvious comparision with my young age. I try to think from their perspective and understand what all they need from father. Mostly it is "time". I had volunteered as a "story narrator" in my daughters school, I did it and received an appreciation token from the school and realized that, it made my daughter very proud of me. She immediately took it from me and showed it her friends in the school, told almost every girl of her age in the society :-). After that I felt there are very small things which makes them happy but needs those some "minutes" from you. My younger daughter waits for me in the evening and starts giving me updates as soon as I am walking towards my home (mostly complaints of mom, sister, did this and did that), but she needs me to listen to those and acknowledge and act on that.
So, that means they just want few minutes from me (which I am trying to work on)

No comments:

Post a Comment